Last minute tips for
The London Marathon
After months of training, it has finally come around and today’s the day!
Race day can be quite overwhelming, so our in-house personal trainer, Rui, from Oitoo, has put together some last minute tips to help you get through the big day.
- Ensure you have had plenty of sleep with carb-loaded meals 72 hours prior to the race and some light meals containing carbs two to three hours prior to the race
- Ensure you purchase some anti-chafe and anti-blister balm
- If your sports bra is not new, get yourself a new one for better support (a recommended brand and model that you already use to make sure you are comfortable)
- Ensure you have lots of gel or sports energy bars
- With the sun likely to come out, make sure you wear a hat and sunglasses
If you are not running the race, but looking to get into shape, Rui works as a personal trainer and a biomechanics consultant at South Place. He specialises in performance, weight management, strength and fitness and injury rehab. So if you are hoping to get that summer body into gear, find out more here.